Lead was used in many products over time - paint, gasoline, and other
products. What makes it so hazardous? How do we test for it? And how do we protect ourselves when we handle it?
This course covers the basics of lead - what it is, why it was used, what it was used in, and how to protect against unnecessary exposures.
This course consists of the following topics:
• Origins and History of Lead (Where and why it was used)
• Where Lead may be found in buildings
• How Lead can affect health
• Testing for Lead
• Regulations regarding Lead
• Methods of dealing with Lead (Controls)
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Upon successful completion of a quiz, a certificate of completion is issued.
Cost of course: $120
Estimated time to complete: 4-8 hours