Mercury was used in many
products over time - thermostats, lights, and other products. What makes
it so hazardous? How do we test for it? And how do we protect
ourselves when we handle it?
This course covers the basics of
mercury - what it is, why it was used, what it was used in, and how to
protect against unnecessary exposures.
This course consists of the following topics:
Upon successful completion of a quiz, a certificate of completion is issued.
- Origins and History of mercury (Where and why it was used)
- Where mercury can be encountered
- How mercury can affect health
- Testing for mercury
- Regulations regarding mercury
- Methods of dealing with mercury (Controls)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Estimated time to complete: 4-8 hours